Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Susan Cadogan - Hurt So Good

Hello Everyone - I'm Ryan and this is my first post here on your blog. A mutual friend of Stephanie's and mine turned me on to the bestest a few months ago and I've been following pretty much everyday since then. I'm super excited to now be contributing - I'll try not to post any let-downs or repeats.

In keeping with the loose rules of the blog, and since it's Wednesday, a few words on my post...I heard this song in a record store in Tokyo a few summers ago and instantly fell for it. A very awkward and ultimately useless attempt to find out who/what it was from the guy at the register went down (not a lot of English from him, and no Japanese from me) - I finally got him to show me the actual record when the song was over and as luck would have it the whole label was in Japanese. Pretty much defeated, I scribbled down what bits of lyrics I could remember and tucked the piece of paper into my wallet. Fast forward to a semi-annual-wallet-clean-out/purge a few months later and I find the slip of paper. A quick google lyric search and trip to Earwax and the record was mine. It's been a good weather go to on my Ipod ever since (getting heavy rotation today.) Hope you guys like it too...

1 Comments:

DUSKIN said...

Welcome! What an amazing song for your first post. I am totally hooked.

Post a Comment