Thursday, March 11, 2010

WAIW: The Walkmen - No Christmas While I'm Talking


Sorry, I meant to post this yesterday, but was so busy getting a tan.
Here is my WAIW post, on Thursday.

Not the best sound quality, but this is how it sounded the first time I heard this song. It was actually the first time ever hearing any Walkmen music in general. Naomi and Kevin had been talking about them for a while, and on my birthday, many, many years ago (pre- Bows + Arrows) they happened to be playing a free show on the Hudson pier with the Adam Green. It was a last minute decision to go, since it was kind of raining out, but I am so glad I went b/c they put on such a great show that day even though hardly anyone showed up.
Man, can he scream. I love it...The band's existence has supplied endless amounts of amusement to me and my crazy girlfriends..road-trips included...

This is for Naomi:






















This photo was taken at an American Eagle Outfitters party where The Walkmen played a short set. Ham was wasted, but he introduced us to his mother that night, which I'd say was a coup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment