Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wreckless Eric - Reconnez Cherie



WAIW - So I heard this song for the first time when a friend made me a mix about 5 years ago and this was the first song of that mix.  Needles to say the first song is always a tough one to pick for a mix, and I thought she did an excellent job "what a great choice" and I played that CD over and over for weeks.

 A few years later I went to go see the movie "Stranger Than Fiction" and there's the scene where Maggie Gyllenhaal invites Will Ferrell over and he plays a Wreckless Eric song on the guitar.  After the movie was over I waited around for all the credits to scroll 'til I figured out what that song was.  I had never even heard of him before that mix,  when I got home I did some research and bought a lot of music from STIFF records, including Wrecless Eric's album. Not really a great punk rock album, but I like this song a bunch.

1 Comments:

DUSKIN said...

nice- i really like this, never heard before. thanks!

Post a Comment